Become part of an award winning non-profit team! Below is a list of current career opportunities with Granite State Independent Living. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation package and the opportunity for professional growth.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. We currently have offices in Claremont, Concord, Keene, Littleton, Manchester, Nashua, Berlin and Dover.
To Apply for an Open Position: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@gsil.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Here are our current job listings:
Home Care Attendants (Statewide)
If you are interested in becoming a Home Care Attendant in New Hampshire and providing personal care such as grooming, toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, transfers to and from wheelchair, range of motion exercises, meal preparation, household chores such as cleaning, shopping and laundry, click on this application link. Please complete (be very specific) so we can get to know you better. We will then call you to discuss open positions in your area. Thank you for your interest in Granite State Independent Living! Make a difference in someone’s life!
Recruiter & Retention Coordinator
The Recruiter & Retention Coordinator is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting, on boarding, registry management, and retention success of the Attendant Care Workforce in a designated territory for our Long-Term Support program. This will be achieved through the development of assigned territory recruiting plans for open positions and registry needs , interviewing and assisting consumers to interview candidates, completing new hire paperwork and assisting consumers to complete new hire paperwork, follow along strategies with the new hire applicants to include but not limited to conducting surveys and outreach to new hires , documenting efforts and assessing outcomes in collaboration with the Recruitment and Retention Manager.
Must have at a minimum one year of human resource / recruitment experience and a minimum of 3 years office experience necessary. Must possess at a minimum of a High School diploma, prefer college experience. Must have a strong working knowledge of the Home Care Industry and be able to effectively apply the concept of a Consumer Directed Model of support. Must have demonstrated competency in: planning & organizing; ability to multi-task; effective oral and written communication; excellent attention to detail; proficient with word processing, computer literacy, and data management systems. Should be able to work with minimal supervision both independently and in a team setting. Must possess strong interpersonal skills, customer service skills and ability positively reflect services. Experience with providing personal care support / services preferred.
Competitive benefit package offered includes medical, dental, life, long term & short-term disability, 403(b), Aflac, 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, plus personal days.
Transition Coordinator (Keene)
We are looking for a dedicated mentor in the Keene area with an education or non-profit background that has a passion for serving students. The perfect applicant would provide transition services for at-risk high school students with disabilities. The services being provided use an experiential and competency-based approach to help students gain the employment, academic and independent living skills needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
- Conduct presentations, workshops and trainings on employment and transition, and instruct day-to-day academic activities
- Recruit new students within each regional high school
- Develop new ELO’s (extended learning opportunities) to respond to identified student needs
- Participate in regional teams to coordinate, review and evaluate all aspects of the program and assess process effectiveness and academic rigor
- Coordinate work exposures with employers, schools, students, and families
- Support each student in taking action on their current and future career and education paths
- Support students with their independent living needs
- Knowledge of career development skills, assessment software, employer networking and other employment preparation processes• Ability to convey a variety of diverse thoughts and ideas to learners of varying academic levels and learning styles• Ability to work in dynamic and high stress environments with flexibility and focus
- Comfort and ability in quick and rapid decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to see the best in all students and assist each in “creating themselves”
- Ability to communicate well and work independently regularly
- Knowledge and/or personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Teaching/instruction experience
- Non-Profit experience
- Experience working with adolescents, at-risk youth or high school students with disabilities
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Aflac, 3 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, 2 personal days, tuition assistance & job advancement. Salary is $35,000.00.
Per Diem Drivers Needed (Keene/Claremont areas)
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) seeks per diem drivers to transport persons with disabilities via wheelchair accessible vehicles to social activities, non-emergency medical appointments, meetings and other events within the Keene and Claremont areas.
Additionally, school transportation may be required for a GSIL student program. Previous driving experience helpful but not required; paid training is provided. Must have a valid NH driver’s license, pass a Motor Vehicle and Criminal Background check, pass DOT physical, and be able to obtain a NH School Bus Certificate.
Please send your resume and cover letter with hourly wage requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendant Care Specialist (Dover Area) – $500.00 Sign-On Bonus
Granite State Independent Living needs (1) FULL TIME Attendant Care Specialist (Tuesday – Saturday) in the Seacoast area of NH to provide quality direct care services to our consumers, in their homes, with personal and homemaking needs. TRAVEL A MUST! This would include providing direct care services for any open shifts as needed. The ACS will provide training to Attendant Care Workers.
Provide direct care services to consumers who may possess an array of disabilities (physical, mental health, behavioral) which may include: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting as well as bowel and bladder care, housekeeping, laundry, transfers, meals, companionship & errands.
Candidate Must have a minimum of 2 years personal care & home making experience. Must possess strong interpersonal/communication skills. Must be adaptable and flexible. Must have a reliable mobile phone & vehicle with 100/300 auto insurance. Must be dependable, trustworthy & maintain confidentiality. 40 Full time hours Monday-Friday.