Become part of an award winning non-profit team! Below is a list of current career opportunities with Granite State Independent Living. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation package and the opportunity for professional growth.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. We currently have offices in Claremont, Concord, Keene, Littleton, Manchester, Nashua, Berlin and Dover.
To Apply for an Open Position: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@gsil.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Granite State Independent Living is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
Here are our current job listings:
Vice President of Finance – Concord
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Finance, implements, manages and controls all financial-related activities of GSIL, as well as, provides direction, supervision and managerial oversight to all finance staff members. The successful candidate will support our mission, vision and values by actively contributing to the efforts of the Executive Leadership Team.
Specific (Essential) Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement specific goals, objectives, and department activities in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Perform month-end closing procedures and prepare accurate and timely financial reports monthly, quarterly, and annually in accordance with GAAP for use by the Board of Trustees and their committees, the CEO, and senior management staff. Analyze results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Manage annual operating and capital budget process.
- Oversee the grant management. Ensure compliance with all appropriate governmental grant regulations.
- Manage and monitor all investments and cash flow according to established guidelines.
- Maintain schedules of all fixed assets and all restricted funds requested and received as well as generating monthly depreciation expense entries, reconciled to the general ledger.
- Manage annual audit preparation and execution.
- Review and update departmental policies & procedures and communicate them effectively.
- Ensure that GSIL capital equipment is labeled and documented including location. Serve as the Project Lead in the annual physical inventory count and reconciliation.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience including supervision of finance staff.
- Ability to generate and analyze financial statements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Abila MIP software a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a variety of private payors, including Medicaid.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Home Care Attendants (Statewide)
If you are interested in becoming a Home Care Attendant in New Hampshire and providing personal care such as grooming, toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, transfers to and from wheelchair, range of motion exercises, meal preparation, household chores such as cleaning, shopping and laundry, click on this application link. Please complete (be very specific) so we can get to know you better. We will then call you to discuss open positions in your area. Thank you for your interest in Granite State Independent Living!
Marketing & Fundraising AmeriCorps VISTA
We are looking for a motivated individual eager to take the next step in their marketing career while serving the NH community. This AmeriCorps VISTA will play a critical role on the development team and event crew by supporting GSIL’s marketing and signature fundraisers. This position requires a person who is able to multitask, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and is willing to jump right in!
- Produce professional-quality marketing materials
- Manage social media
- Engage in email marketing
- Provide technical support with the website
- Build GSIL’s media library of photos/videos
- Assist with fundraising efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or related field. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, basic html, photography, writing and organizational skills. Events will require occasional nights and weekends. Travel within the state may be required.
For questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transition Specialists – (1 Manchester NH Area, 1 Nashua NH Area)
We are looking for the right person in the Manchester area with an education or non-profit background that have a passion for serving students. The perfect applicants would provide transition services for high school students with disabilities. The services being provided use an experiential and competency-based approach to help students gain the employment, academic and independent living skills needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
- Teach students with disabilities in the greater Manchester region on self -advocacy, job development, workplace readiness, transition and post-secondary education and work-based learning
- Work closely with school staff to recruit students and to schedule and coordinate program activities
- Support each student in taking action on their current and future career and education paths
- Support students with their independent living needs
- Collect information on students participating in the program, submit this information to appropriate parties and provide monthly update activity reports
- Participate in regional teams to coordinate, review and evaluate all aspects of the program and assess process effectiveness and academic rigor
- Coordinate work exposures with employers, students and families
- Serve as the program’s primary liaison for all work sites and work site activities
- Coordinate the efforts to connect all appropriate students with NH Vocational Rehabilitation (NHVR) and provide necessary paperwork and documentation
- Knowledge of career development skills, assessment software, employer networking and other employment preparation processes
- Ability to convey a variety of diverse thoughts and ideas to learners of varying academic levels and learning styles
- Ability to work in dynamic and high stress environments with flexibility and focus
- Comfort and ability in quick and rapid decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to see the best in all students and assist each in “creating themselves”
- Ability to communicate well and work independently regularly
- Knowledge and /or personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Teaching/instruction experience
- Non-Profit experience
- Experience working with adolescents, at-risk youth or high school students with disabilities
LTS Coordinator (Manchester Area)
Seeking two LTS Coordinator positions. An LTS Coordinator is responsible for the overall delivery and quality of consumer care and services for consumer and agency directed services. Provide supervision and training of assigned in home care professionals. Develop care plans through assessment and provide on going monitoring and coordination of services and support for the assigned consumers. Teach and provide skills training to consumers on how to direct their own care for consumer directed services. Assist in outreach efforts. Ensure compliance with LTS policy and procedures.
Specific (Essential) Responsibilities:
- Meet and conduct all new consumer intakes assuring all policy and procedures are adhered to. Maintain ongoing communication with the involved consumer team.
- Complete assessment for all assigned consumers, create a plan of care, and monitor care services in accordance with LTS policies and procedures.
- Keep and maintain accurate and quality records for consumers and in home care workers in accordance with GSIL policy and procedures and governing state regulations.
- Provide training and professional development to assign in home care workers, to include but not limited to 1:1 supervision, onsite coaching, and conducting mandatory trainings as assigned.
- Interview and provide supervision of assigned in home workers in accordance with LTS policy/ procedures. Manage their work schedule, in collaboration with the Scheduler.
- Assist consumers with Nursing Facility/ Rehab Transitions and monitor status on an ongoing basis. Participate in the Nursing Facility Transition meetings and discharge meetings as needed.
- Provide orientation and skills training to consumers regarding the self-direction, assure ongoing training and the level of support to the consumer for management of program.
- Travel is required, on call availability, and the work week is Tuesday thru Saturday OR Sunday thru Thursday.
- Assist Outreach Coordinator with outreach efforts to increase awareness of GSIL attendant care programs and other services offered by GSIL.
- Participate in general GSIL events, activities, team meetings, trainings, to advance the mission of GSIL.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Work a flexible work schedule in accordance to department needs and personal needs.
- Actively participate and assure compliance of the department’s Continuous Quality Improvement Plan.
- Provide on call coverage consistent with LTS policies and procedures (i.e. .documentation, compensation, etc.)
- Consult and maintain a positive working relationship with the case managers and care managers (MCO) and external parties to best support consumer services.
- Support and uphold workplace regulations, safety practices, and GSIL policies/ procedures.
- Conduct other duties as assigned that will increase options for persons with disabilities to live independently in their communities.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years minimum experience in the non-profit or for-profit healthcare or human service industry or commensurate mix of education and experience. Supervisory experience and LPN or LNA experience preferred. Working knowledge of the needs of individuals living with disabilities and other chronic conditions. Strong marketing and customer service skills. Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills. Candidate must pass all required background and prescreening checks.
Attendant Care Specialist (Laconia Area)
In accordance with the vision, mission and values of GSIL, the Attendant Care Specialist is responsible for providing quality direct care services that meet an array of personal and homemaking needs of consumers, as assigned. The Attendant Care Specialist will follow the consumer’s plan of care. The Attendant Care Specialist will provide direct care services for any open shifts as needed in accordance with their designated schedule. The assistance is provided in the consumer’s home and travel is required. Attendant Care Specialist will provide hands on training to Attendant Care Workers as assigned. In addition to duties performed in the consumer’s home, the Attendant Care Specialist may be required to perform some in office duties, such as filing, scanning, and other clerical duties at the directive of their Supervisor.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Direct Care Responsibilities:
Provide direct care services to consumer who may possess an array of disabilities, physical, mental health, behavioral; in accordance with their care plan to include, but not all inclusive, of the following responsibilities:
- Assist consumers with personal care activities, which may include: bathing, dressing, grooming, as well as bowel and bladder care.
- Assist consumers with housekeeping activities, which may include: sweeping, mopping, dusting and general straightening.
- Assist consumers with laundry activities, which may include: washing, drying, folding, and putting away laundry, changing linens, and ironing clothes.
- Assist consumer with transfers.
- Assist consumer with meals, which may include: cooking, setting up, assisting with intake of food/hydration, storing meals, and washing dishes.
- Assist consumer with shopping, which may include: grocery shopping, and personal shopping.
- Provide companionship services to the consumer.
- Assist consumer with reminders for self-administration of medication.
- Maintain an upbeat and professional attitude.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Medical acts such as or in addition to: wound care, suctioning, catheter care (other than peri-care and emptying drainage bag after training), ostomy care (other than in a long term, well healed, trouble free ostomy such as assisting in application of stoma bag when trained), administering medications or injections are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Training Responsibilities:
- Provide on -site one on one training to Attendant Care Workers specific to consumer needs and document such training.
- Provide, as assigned, sections of the orientation training to Attendant Care Workers.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Provide on Call coverage as assigned, which is defined as the ability to cover open shifts, as needed.
- Phone calls must be returned within 15 minutes during their scheduled shift.
- Provide documentation in accordance with GSIL policies/ procedures for an array of service models / programs.
- Act as a role model for other Attendant Care Workers by providing superior personal care services and in home supports as demonstrated by excellent consumer reports of performance.
- Must possess a reliable vehicle, meeting GSIL insurance and safe driving record requirements.
- Adhere to GSIL recording of timesheet policy/ procedures.
- Attend an 8 hour orientation and yearly mandatory in-services.
- Attend any additional training required in order to provide a safe, healthy environment for you and consumers assigned.
- Must be willing to work with a variety of consumers as assigned.
- Support and uphold workplace regulations and safety practices.
- Complete in office clerical duties including but not limited to: filing, scanning, and copying.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- LNA or CNA experience preferred, however, any hours worked as a HCSP-PCA-PCSP with GSIL will not meet LNA active-in-practice hours.
- Experienced in an array of transfer devices.
- Experienced in an array of durable medical equipment.
- Experience and comfort in supporting persons with physical, cognitive, and/or mental disabilities.
- Experience with personal care.
- Possess strong interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Must have a reliable mobile phone and vehicle.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years personal care & home making experience.
- Must have reliable transportation and must be willing to travel as needed to report to work.
- Must be able to read and follow geographic directions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be dependable, responsible, patient and punctual.
- Must be able to maintain professional and appropriate relationships with consumers.
- Maintain policies and procedures as outlined in the GSIL Employee handbook.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work through good organizational and time management skills.
Physical/Mental Demands Include:
Physical demands include but not limited to the following tasks: assist individuals in / out of vehicles; transferring individuals in / out of wheelchairs; operation of machinery; walking on uneven surfaces; exposure to dust, cleaning fluids; assisting individual to standing position; must be able to frequently lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
- We offer a competitive benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Life, Long & Short-term Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Aflac, 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, plus personal days.
- Granite State Independent Living (GSIL), a statewide non-profit based in Concord, NH, is a home care and community-based organization dedicated to maximizing independence for individuals with disabilities and/or chronic health care needs. Granite State Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.