Become part of an award winning non-profit team! Below is a list of current career opportunities with Granite State Independent Living. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation package and the opportunity for professional growth.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. We currently have offices in Claremont, Concord, Keene, Littleton, Manchester, Nashua, Berlin and Dover.
To Apply for an Open Position: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@gsil.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Here are our current job listings:
Attendant Care Specialist (Seacoast Area)
Granite State Independent Living is growing and in need of (2) full time Attendant Care Specialists (Sunday-Thursday) or (Tuesday-Saturday) for the Dover, Rochester, Somersworth, Portsmouth and surrounding area to provide quality direct care services to our consumers, in their homes, with personal and homemaking needs. TRAVEL A MUST! (Mileage reimbursement is provided) This would include providing direct care services for any open shifts as needed. The ACS will provide training to Attendant Care Workers.
Responsibilities: Provide direct care services to consumers who may possess an array of disabilities (physical, mental health, behavioral) which may include: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting as well as bowel and bladder care, housekeeping, laundry, transfers, meals, companionship & errands.
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 403(b), tuition assistance, 3 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days, 11 holidays & 2 personal days.
Qualifications: Candidate Must have a minimum of 2 years CNA, LNA or Personal care experience. Must possess strong interpersonal/communication skills. Must be adaptable and flexible. Must have a reliable vehicle with 100/300 auto insurance. Must be dependable, trustworthy & maintain confidentiality. Each position is (40) Full time hours
Home Care Attendants (Statewide)
If you are interested in becoming a Home Care Attendant in New Hampshire and providing personal care such as grooming, toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, transfers to and from wheelchair, range of motion exercises, meal preparation, household chores such as cleaning, shopping and laundry, click on this application link. Please complete (be very specific) so we can get to know you better. We will then call you to discuss open positions in your area. Thank you for your interest in Granite State Independent Living!
Long Term Support Coordinator (Littleton)
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) is looking for a dynamic and energetic Full Time Service Coordinator for the Littleton area for Sunday-Thursday. We are a home care and community-based organization dedicated to maximizing independence for adults with physical disabilities and chronic health care needs. You will provide intake and orientation to new consumers of the personal care program and assuring ongoing individualized support to consumers. This position provides skill training to consumers on how to direct their own care and provide training to our care attendants. Plus, develop and adjust consumer’s care plan to ensure personal care needs are being met.
Must have effective communication & teaching skills and a commitment to facilitating and maximizing independence for persons with chronic health care needs. Provide on-call phone coverage for the personal care program is required as needed. Travel is required in and around the Littleton NH area. Mileage reimbursement is provided. BA/BS preferred or a minimum of two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities and/or health care needs required. $16-$17 per hour.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes medical, Dental, Life, Long & Short-Term Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Aflac, 15 vacation days, 12 Sick Days, 11 Holidays plus Personal Days. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Transition Coordinator (Nashua)
We are looking for the right person in the Nashua area with an education or non-profit background that has a passion for serving students. The perfect applicant would provide transition services for at-risk high school students with disabilities. The services being provided use an experiential and competency-based approach to help students gain the employment, academic and independent living skills needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
- Conduct presentations, workshops and trainings on employment and transition, and instruct day-to-day academic activities
- Recruit new students within each regional high school
- Develop new ELO’s (extended learning opportunities) to respond to identified student needs
- Participate in regional teams to coordinate, review and evaluate all aspects of the program and assess process effectiveness and academic rigor
- Coordinate work exposures with employers, schools, students, and families
- Support each student in taking action on their current and future career and education paths
- Support students with their independent living needs
- Knowledge of career development skills, assessment software, employer networking and other employment preparation processes
- Ability to convey a variety of diverse thoughts and ideas to learners of varying academic levels and learning styles
- Ability to work in dynamic and high stress environments with flexibility and focus
- Comfort and ability in quick and rapid decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to see the best in all students and assist each in “creating themselves”
- Ability to communicate well and work independently regularly
- Knowledge and/or personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Teaching/instruction experience
- Non-Profit experience
- Experience working with adolescents, at-risk youth or high school students with disabilities
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Aflac, 3 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, 2 personal days, tuition assistance & job advancement. Hourly rate is $17.95. Please send your resume & cover letter. Make a difference in Someone’s Life! We are a Work Life Balance Employer.
Per Diem Drivers Need (Littleton)
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) seeks (per diem) drivers to transport persons with disabilities via wheelchair accessible vehicles to social activities, non-emergency medical appointments, meetings and other events within the Littleton area. Additionally, school transportation may be required for a GSIL student program. Previous driving experience helpful but not required; paid training is provided. Must have a valid NH driver’s license, pass a Motor Vehicle and Criminal Background check, pass DOT physical, and be able to obtain a NH School Bus Certificate.