Become part of an award winning non-profit team! Below is a list of current career opportunities with Granite State Independent Living. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation package and the opportunity for professional growth.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. We currently have offices in Claremont, Concord, Keene, Littleton, Manchester, Nashua, Berlin and Dover.
To Apply for an Open Position: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@gsil.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Here are our current job listings:
Home Care Attendants (Statewide)
If you are interested in becoming a Home Care Attendant in New Hampshire and providing personal care such as grooming, toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, transfers to and from wheelchair, range of motion exercises, meal preparation, household chores such as cleaning, shopping and laundry, click on this application link. Please complete (be very specific) so we can get to know you better. We will then call you to discuss open positions in your area. Thank you for your interest in Granite State Independent Living!
Marketing & Fundraising AmeriCorps VISTA
We are looking for a motivated individual eager to take the next step in their marketing career while serving the NH community. This AmeriCorps VISTA will play a critical role on the development team and event crew by supporting GSIL’s marketing and signature fundraisers. This position requires a person who is able to multitask, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and is willing to jump right in!
- Produce professional-quality marketing materials
- Manage social media
- Engage in email marketing
- Provide technical support with the website
- Build GSIL’s media library of photos/videos
- Assist with fundraising efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or related field. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, basic html, photography, writing and organizational skills. Events will require occasional nights and weekends. Travel within the state may be required.
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com.
Community Support Specialist
The Community Support Specialist is responsible for providing direct services to program participants in order to meet the individual’s vocational and/or community-oriented goals; duties may include on the job training, skill acquisition, transportation, assistance with job development, placement activities and community access.
- Assists program participants with meeting vocational goal including on the job training, skill acquisition, general supervision and assisting with job development and placement activities
- Assists program participants with community integration including developing and maintaining volunteer work, creating opportunities for socialization and the development of connections within the community and the exploration of a variety of community activities based on consumer’s interests and abilities.
- Collecting and submitting data and other information in a timely fashion as required by the program
- Providing transportation, with own insured vehicle, as needed and assigned
- Completing and submitting all incident/accident reports as required by the program
- Following all client rights procedures
- Attending all meetings and training as assigned
- Performing all other duties as assigned or needed to ensure the effective and efficient provision of program services
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in general GSIL events and activities.
- Maintain professional knowledge /skills by reviewing professional literature and attending trainings/workshops.
- Share newsworthy information appropriately throughout the organization.
- Support and uphold workplace regulations and safety practices.
- Conduct other duties as assigned that will increase options for persons with disabilities to live independently in their communities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with participants; and ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Have access to reliable, insured vehicle in order to provide transportation to individuals being served.
Transition Specialist (1 Concord Region, 1 Keene Region and 1 Nashua Region)
We are looking for three candidates, one in the Concord area, one in the Keene area and one in the Nashua region, with an education or non-profit background that has a passion for serving students. The perfect candidates would provide transition services for high school students with disabilities. The services being provided use an experiential and competency-based approach to help students gain the employment, academic and independent living skills needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
- Teach students with disabilities in the greater Concord/Keene regions on self -advocacy, job development, workplace readiness, transition and post-secondary education and work-based learning;
- Work closely with school staff to recruit students and to schedule and coordinate program activities;
- Support each student in taking action on their current and future career and education paths;
- Support students with their independent living needs;
- Collect information on students participating in the program, submit this information to appropriate parties and provide monthly update activity reports;
- Participate in regional teams to coordinate, review and evaluate all aspects of the program and assess process effectiveness and academic rigor;
- Coordinate work exposures with employers, students and families;
- Serve as the program’s primary liaison for all work sites and work site activities;
- Coordinate the efforts to connect all appropriate students with NH Vocational Rehabilitation (NHVR) and provide necessary paperwork and documentation.
- Knowledge of career development skills, assessment software, employer networking and other employment preparation processes;
- Ability to convey a variety of diverse thoughts and ideas to learners of varying academic levels and learning styles;
- Ability to work in dynamic and high stress environments with flexibility and focus
- Comfort and ability in quick and rapid decision making;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to see the best in all students and assist each in “creating themselves”;
- Ability to communicate well and work independently regularly;
- Knowledge and /or personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Teaching/instruction experience
- Non-Profit experience
- Experience working with adolescents, at-risk youth or high school students with disabilities
GSIL offers a competitive benefits package which includes, Medical, Dental, Life, Short & Long-Term disability insurance, 403(B) retirement plan, 15 vacation & 12 sick days, 11 holidays, 2 personal days, AFLAC and Tuition assistance.
Please send your resume & cover letter with salary requirements.
Employment and Independent Living Services Coordinator (Seacoast Region)
As part of the Community Economic Development Department, the Coordinator provides direct services, coaching and information and referral to people with disabilities (including students and seniors), with the focus on consumer choice and providing services which allow individuals to live independently in the community.
This position requires all aspects of job development including intake, placement and billing, networking with local businesses, exploring job opportunities, coaching, and placing job candidates, and coordinating efforts with our partners and funders.
Additional requirements include detailed and accurate recordkeeping, community and individual outreach, assisting consumers in obtaining resources, working with vendors and financial resources in the Access Modification Program, providing Youth Transition Services, Nursing Facility Transition Services, Peer Support and Advocacy. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team, and be able to work with a diverse consumer base on a variety of individual goals. Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively with consumers, employers and other agencies.
This position is based in our Dover, NH office with in-state travel required.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Social Services or related field with 2-3 years of related experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Education or related field preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
Granite State Independent Living offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, Short Term and Long-Term disability insurance, 403(b), 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays and 2 personal days. We are a Work/Life Balance Employer!
Per Diem Drivers Need (1 Littleton region and 1 Concord region)
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) seeks two part-time (per diem) drivers to transport persons with disabilities via wheelchair accessible vehicles to social activities, non-emergency medical appointments, meetings and other events. Additionally, school transportation may be required for a GSIL student program. GSIL is currently looking for one driver for the Concord, NH area and one driver for the Littleton, NH area.
Previous driving experience helpful but not required; paid training is provided. To be considered for these positions, applicants must have a valid NH driver’s license, successfully pass a Motor Vehicle and Criminal Background check, successfully pass a DOT physical, and be able to obtain a NH School Bus Certificate.