Become part of an award winning non-profit team! Below is a list of current career opportunities with Granite State Independent Living. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation package and the opportunity for professional growth.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. We currently have offices in Concord, Keene, Littleton, Manchester, Nashua, Berlin and Dover.
To Apply for an Open Position: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@gsil.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Granite State Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Here are our current job listings:
Multiple Per Diem Drivers for each of the following locations: Concord, NH, Manchester, NH and Nashua, NH
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) seeks per diem drivers to transport persons with disabilities via wheelchair accessible vehicles to social activities, non-emergency medical appointments, meetings and other events. Additionally, school transportation may be required for a GSIL student program.
Specific (Essential) Responsibilities:
- Maintain proper licensing training certifications including school bus certificate and medical qualifications as required including defensive driving, passenger assistance, emergency evacuation, and DOT medical card.
- Pickup, secure, and transport, consumers to and from various appointments and activities.
- Assist consumers with ground transport from door-to-door including assisting them with outer garments, and objects, as needed.
- Perform other transportation department related driving such as maintenance trips as may be assigned.
- Complete and submit trip logs, vehicle inspections reports, expense sheets and other documents in a timely fashion as determined by the Transportation Manager.
- Report any mechanical or safety issues with company equipment to the transportation coordinator immediately upon discovery.
- Report any accidents to the transportation coordinator immediately once it is safe to do so.
- Aid in keeping company vehicles clean and maintained in conjunction with appropriate schedules developed by the Transportation Manager
- Participate in general GSIL events and activities.
- Maintain professional knowledge /skills by reviewing professional literature and attending trainings /workshops.
- Support and uphold workplace regulations and safety practices.
- Share newsworthy information appropriately throughout the organization.
- Conduct other duties as assigned that will increase options for persons with disabilities to live independently in their communities.
Valid NH driver’s license, a good driving record, clean criminal background check, ability to maintain required logs, working knowledge of highway system in NH. Possess the physical strength and agility to perform the requirements of the job such as operating company vehicles, pushing wheelchairs, assisting individuals with entering and exiting vehicles and securing wheelchairs, scooters and passengers.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual may be required to sit, use a computer, a telephone, and other office equipment and to move throughout the building and attend outside meetings. Employee may occasionally need to exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects.
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) seeks a per diem driver to transport persons with disabilities via wheelchair accessible vehicles to social activities, non-emergency medical appointments, meetings and other events. Additionally, school transportation may be required for a GSIL student program. GSIL is looking for a per diem drivers in multiple locations throughout the state of NH. Previous driving experience helpful but not required; paid training is provided. Must have a valid NH driver’s license, a good driving record, pass a Motor Vehicle and Criminal Background check, pass a DOT physical, and be able to obtain a NH School Bus Certificate. Must be able to perform other transportation department related driving such as maintenance trips as assigned.
Home Care Attendants (Statewide)
If you are interested in becoming a Home Care Attendant in New Hampshire and providing personal care such as grooming, toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, transfers to and from wheelchair, range of motion exercises, meal preparation, household chores such as cleaning, shopping and laundry, click on this application link. Please complete (be very specific) so we can get to know you better. We will then call you to discuss open positions in your area. Thank you for your interest in Granite State Independent Living!
Community Support Specialist
GSIL has a 30-hour position open in the Manchester/Concord area.
The Direct Support Staff assists individuals with developmental disabilities to maintain employment and access their communities.
This position requires a high school degree or equivalent. Experience is preferred but we will train the right person.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a dependable car. Must pass a driving and criminal background check. $11.00 per hour plus mileage reimbursement. 80% travel is required.
Please send your resume and cover letter. GSIL is a Work, Life, and Balance Employer.
Part-time RN LTS Coordinator
Are You Ready for A Different Kind of RN Career?
One That Makes a Different Kind of RN Impact?
We have a 24-hour RN Long Term Support Coordinator position available out of our Keene, NH office that is meant for the RN that understands health and wellness but, has a passion for helping individuals in their community to thrive. This RN accomplishes this by teaching, mentors and coaching the individuals they work with to grow in self-advocacy, assertiveness and other personal independent living skills that are critical to individuals reaching their full potential.
Besides this being a rewarding career there will be:
No evenings, no nights, no weekends and no holiday, except for what works for you
Loads of autonomy – you are in charge of your schedule
Wrap-around support and services for you and the individuals you work with
- Registered Nurse with a current NH license
- Travel 50+ % of the time
- Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation
- Auto insurance with minimum liability limits of $100,000/$300,000
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, NH BEAS check, NH Motor Vehicles Records check
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL), a statewide non-profit dedicated to maximizing independence for individuals with disabilities and/or chronic health care needs. YOU will love our organizational culture and our mission!
*We offer a competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life, ST/LT Disability Ins., Vacation & Sick days, 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off. We are a Work Life Balance Employer! *Benefits may vary working less than 30 hours per week.
Please send cover letter, full resume and salary requirements to Careers@gsil.org
Granite State Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.